March 24, 2009

Pearl's Deluxe Burgers

After a colorful stumble up Jones Street, we found ourselves inside Pearl's Deluxe Burgers on Post. As soon as we stepped inside, I was instantly reminded of the Coney Island hot dog joints I grew up with in Detroit. The interior was small and brightly lit with a few tables and a window counter.

They serve typical coney fare. Chili dogs, chicken sandwiches, salads, shakes were all on the menu, but this place is best known for their burgers-- beef (certified humane), buffalo, turkey and even veggie.

We ordered off the list of specialty burgers. I had the Prized Pearl-- bacon, sauteed onions, bleu cheese and mayo. Jim had the King, a quarter pounder topped with american and cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing and, get this, a hot dog! Sinfully delicious. We also had a side of sweet potato fries.


It took a few moments for our food to arrive, but it felt like forever since I was starving and already a few beers in. By the time it finally came I was ready to inhale it, and I almost would've had I not stopped to take a few photos. Have a look...

No comments:

Post a Comment