May 16, 2009

Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Farm

Many people have at some point come across ostrich on a menu before. I remember seeing ostrich eggs at the farmers market in Barcelona and eating ostrich recently in Cambodia. Ostrich is a red meat, not white meat as you may suspect. Most commonly I have seen ostrich served as burgers in several wild game areas of the US.

I came across Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Farm deep in Arizona on my way to Texas. It had the appearence of a tourist trap but I bet very few tourist pay the $5 to feed them. Hence my picture from a distance and over the fence.

Reality is that this farm had hundreds if not thousands of ostriches. It was a working farm situated right along the highway that offered monster truck tours. No telling how large it really was from my limited viewing but if I ever have time this would truly be an
experience to look into.

If you ever need ostrich egg shells or feather dusters then this is
your place!

No comments:

Post a Comment